Who we are
Spare Tyre is a leading participatory arts charity based in London. We’ve spent the last 39 years producing bold and powerful theatre with voiceless communities and individuals that inspires and challenges us all. Spare Tyre currently works creatively with:
- adults with learning disabilities
- people aged 60+
- people with dementia
- women who've experienced violence
- economically disadvantaged communities.
What we do
Thought the world of theatre, dance and music was only open to a select few? Think again. We empower participants and artists to have ownership of the creative process enabling personal and political fulfilment and overall wellbeing.
Everyone should feel confident to be who they are and shout about it. Through fun, interactive and multisensory workshops in drama, music, film, dance, visual and digital art, we aim to give voiceless communities a renewed sense of self-esteem, confidence, independence, and a platform to have their voices heard.
Why we do it
The arts should be open to everyone. Equal opportunities, accessibility and diversity are at the heart of what we do. We believe in a society that cares for its most vulnerable and holds on to its human rights and freedom of expression. We believe in enabling unheard stories to be told, shared and celebrated.
If you would like to talk to us about a potential creative project, please email Spare Tyre or call us on 020 8692 4446 (ext. 273).
- Watch a video about Spare Tyre’s Creative Practice
- Support our work
- Read about current and past shows
- Watch & Listen: videos, photos and audio of previous work
- Read Artistic Director Arti Prashar's report from her Winston Churchill Fellowship 2013: Tapping Curiosity
Charity Registration Number 273418
Company Registration Number 1301049