I'm an Artist, let me in! showcased the work of five artists with learning disabilities to 45 potential employers and artistic collaborators. The showcase formed part of Go inc to work, Spare Tyre's assisted employment programme for artists with learning disabilities wanting to make the transition into paid work in the performing arts.
Cynthia is a thoughtful dancer and choreographer, full of ideas and statements that move you. She enjoys helping others to develop their ideas and performances. As well as many Spare Tyre productions, Cynthia has performed in productions with Corali Dance Company and East London Dance. One of her pieces, Telling Off Movements, featured in I'm in Artist, let me in! in the Roundhouse Studio Theatre on 25th May 2010 and again in October 2010 at the New Diorama Theatre. Cynthia has performed Telling Off Movements at numerous events including club nights for East London Dance and Croydon Clocktower, and most notably she featured in the International Dance Festival in Turku, Finland in 2011. Cynthia also works for Actability and stars in their show Wake Up Don Quixote touring to schools and arts venues.
- Cynthia has performed in the following productions:
- I'm an Artist, let me in! 2010
- Feeble Minds 2009
- Dark Inc 2008
- Pieces of Ourselves 2007
- Arabian Nights and Days 2006
- The Art Room 2005
- Faust 2004
Cynthia has been an Assistant Workshop Leader at the following venues:
- Charlton School, Greenwich 2009
- Unity disability arts festival, Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff 2008
- Entry Level and Level One inc.Theatre Skills Course, accredited by OCN, completed 2008
- Participated in Go inc to work, assisted employment programme for artists with learning disabilities, 2008-2010